GENERAL MANAGER – BASKETBALL HAWKES BAY
Love sport and recreation, and passionate about how our community can access opportunities to play basketball? Are you looking for that unique opportunity to be truly innovative?
Basketball Hawkes Bay is looking for a General Manager to lead the continued development and growth of the organisation and the sport in the Hawkes Bay, including Wairoa and Central Hawkes Bay.
As the GM you will enjoy a varied role providing leadership to the organisation, advocating for basketball in the region. You will be responsible for the financial sustainability and strategic direction of the organisation, our people, nurturing of stakeholder relationships, growing the game through participation, as well as event and media management.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Leadership experience in business management and desirably also a background in sport
- An ability to provide engaging leadership to all staff and volunteers of the organisation
- Proven financial management skills, and the experience of and capacity to raise revenue through funding applications and sponsorship opportunities
- Proven experience developing and managing competitions, tournaments and other events
- Strategic and business planning skills, including the ability to develop, implement, and review organisational policies and procedures
- An ability to engage with key stakeholders including schools, clubs, board members, community funders, sponsors, NZ Basketball, local authorities and participants in our game.
- Great time management and an ability to meet strict reporting and organisational deadline.
If you have what it takes and would like to join us to continue to create a legacy of producing high performing teams and exceptional athletes, then we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate must obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check.
All applications should include a covering letter and CV, along with the contact details of at least two referees. To apply please email email@example.com
Any queries regarding the role can be directed to Simon Montgomerie (Chairman): firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 4128 733
Applications close 5pm, Friday 21st September 2018.