On Friday 17 May the basketball community will celebrate excellence in the 2018 year, at the Basketball New Zealand Awards, to be held at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa in Wellington.
With guests and awards winners allocated, the remaining seats are now available to the wider basketball community. The evening will include a fine-dining three-course dinner with a wine on the table. Pre-dinner drinks from 6:30pm. Dinner at 7pm. This was a sold out event in 2018.
Tickets: $80. Reserve your seats before 10 May 2019 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards to presented are:
• Legend Award
• 4 x Hall of Fame inductees – Distinguished contribution to basketball
• Sir Lance Cross – Exceptional services to Basketball
• Zena Gay Award – Notable contribution to women’s basketball
• Murray McMahon Award – Notable contribution to men’s basketball
• Male Player of the Year
• Female Player of the Year
• M.V.P. – Most valuable player
• Carolyn Grey Award – Female Coach of the Year
• Keith Mair Award – Male Coach of the Year
• Lance McLoughlin Trophy – Female Junior Player of the Year
• Ambassadors Trophy – Male Junior Player of the Year
• Cedric Cudby Volunteer Award – Notable Voluntary Services
• Ian Goodwin Services to Officiating
• Long Service Award (50 Years)
The evening will include entertainment by the Alda Rezende Bossa Quartet.