Basketball New Zealand: GENERAL MANAGER – NATIONAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE (NBL)
Wellington, New Zealand
ABOUT BASKETBALL NEW ZEALAND
Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ) is the national body for the sport of basketball in New Zealand. BBNZ’s role is to lead, develop, grow and promote basketball and the number of participants playing the game as well as providing a range of basketball programmes and services for players, coaches, officials and associations. Basketball is an exciting global sport with a large and growing number of participants in New Zealand.
The General Manager (GM) for the NBL will be responsible for the successful delivery of the NBL each year including its continued growth in profile, strong commercial performance, the strengthening of its participant franchises and its complementary contribution to basketball within New Zealand.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing all marketing activity in order to increase the visibility and profile of the NBL as well as managing sponsorship and trust funding relationships to ensure retention and growth of these partnerships.
The New Zealand National Basketball League (NBL) is overseen by the National Basketball League Limited (NBLL) alongside Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Marketing and / or event management experience is strongly preferred.
• Strong background in brand marketing as well as the ability to innovate.
• Dynamic leadership style and ability to influence across all levels.
• Outstanding relationship management and communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including teams, general managers, media, sponsors.
• You will need a high level of administration and operational management skills.
• NOTE: You do not need previous experience working in sport to be successful.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the delivery and promote New Zealand’s premier national basketball competition and help contribute to the growth of the sport in the country.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
5pm Sunday 25th November, 2018
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted by Basketball New Zealand to manage the recruitment process for this appointment.
Please contact Richard Stenhouse – Managing Director for more information or to submit your application with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tauranga City basketball - Operations Manager
Tauranga City basketball is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to oversee our various competitions and programmes. We are an established not for profit sports association, based in Tauranga, who facilitate basketball from Waihi to Opotiki.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our busy team. This is a new position for a self-motivated person to join our growing organisation.
• General Administration and office Duties.
• Overseeing competitions.
• Managing tournaments and events.
• Website and social media management.
• Organising venue bookings.
• Database management.
• Minimum five years’ experience working in administration roles or equivalent.
• Excellent Communication (written and oral) and Interpersonal Skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Flexible with great organisational skills and ability to multi- task.
• Effective Time and Stress Management.
• Reliable, Honest and non-judgemental.
• Ability to communicate with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
• Proficient Computer Skills. Working Knowledge of Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of website management.
• Excellent basketball knowledge.
This role has plenty of opportunity for growth and development.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you have the requisite skills and experience then please email your CV and cover letter in confidence to:
Mark Rogers, Tauranga City Basketball Association, email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 30 November 2018 at 5pm.