Venue & Host
- Host Association: Auckland Basketball Services
- Venue: Pulman Arena, 90 Walters Road, Takanini, Auckland
- Basketball NZ Event Lead: Kathrynn Jelas | 027 233 2223 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3X3 NZ Secondary Schools Nationals: March 29 – April 1
- Games will have start times between 9am and 7pm each day. Please make sure your team is available for all game times over the 4 days of competition.
- Registrations Due: Wednesday 1 March
- Health & Safety Plan: Approximately Wednesday 15 February – once signed off by School Sport NZ
- Draw Release: Approximately 15 March
- Technical Meeting: 7pm, Monday 27 March
Grades – limited entries per grade.
There will be 2 grades in each Section (Junior and Senior Sections)
Junior Teams: Year 9 & 10
Senior Teams: Year 11 – 13
- Elite Grade: this is for competitive teams that are wanting to compete against the best attending (only 1 team per school)
- Open Grade: this is for teams that want to compete at a lower level but still compete for a title (any schools B or 2nd teams)
- No mixed teams
- A team consists of one coach, one referee and a minimum of three and a maximum of five players (teams are not required to have 5 players)
- If your team has 5 players, you will have 3 players on court, and 2 subs
- Your 5th player will not receive FIBA Points: Under FIBA regulations, only 4 can be registered per team to receive FIBA 3×3 points. BBNZ is allowing 5 players per team to accommodate injuries occurred by teams travelling a long way to the event. Therefore, teams need to select one player who will not receive play.fiba3x3.com points.
- Only players are allowed on the team bench
- A team may play between 1-5 games a day
- Teams will likely be expected to scorebench, minimum of 3 people and adult supervision required
Steps to Register:
1. REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
2. Fill in the hard copy Roster Form here under ‘School Roster Forms’. There are two forms to choose from – PDF or WORD, choose one to fill out, have this signed by the school principal and scan through to email@example.com
3. Ensure ALL PLAYERS have created a FIBA 3×3 profile – they must have a profile to be able to compete in this tournament (information on how to do this is below).
4. Each team must supply a referee – ensure their name was either entered on the registration form or has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
FIBA 3x3 Profiles
Under FIBA regulations, only 4 can be registered per team to receive FIBA 3×3 points. BBNZ is allowing 5 players per team to accommodate injuries occurred by teams travelling a long way to the event. Therefore, teams need to select one player who will not receive play.fiba3x3.com points.
Follow the steps on how to create a 3×3 Player Profile.
As a player, by joining FIBA 3×3 , you’ll be able to compare your skills with your friends, and even with pros on the international circuit. The more events you play, the more ranking points you’ll get.
Each School MUST provide a referee for each team (i.e. 2 teams, 2 referees etc). The referee’s full details must be provided when registering your team. Failure to do so will see your team withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the School to ensure:
- referee details have been submitted to BBNZ before the due date;
- the referee knows they have been put forward to referee and is available for the entire duration of the tournament;
- any referee expenses incurred (i.e accommodation, travel, food etc) must be covered by the School;
- referees must have completed the Level 1 Referee Course.
Please note: Referees will be required to referee a minimum of 4 games a day (this is generally based on the number of games a team plays).
Registration for the Level 1 Course, together with other useful resources for 3×3, are available in our Officials Hub of our website here.
A pre-tournament online 3×3 session will be run prior to the tournament for referees (details will be advised nearer the time).
If you have any questions regarding referees, please contact the Event Officials Lead Melony O’Connor on email@example.com
The technical meeting will be hosted online, on Microsoft Teams, at 7pm on Monday 27 March.
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 435 447 151 978
Draw & Competition Information
Draw with Referees Roster – 2023 Secondary School 3×3 Champs Tournament DRAW (as At 27 March) With Scorebench
Draw Letter – 3×3 Secondary School Nationals Draw Letter
Tournament Programme (incl. Rosters)
Junior Programme – 2023 Secondary School 3×3 Champs JUNIOR Programme
Senior Programme –
No printed programmes will be sold.
Online Fixtures & Results
Basketball NZ uses GameDay for all of our online draws and results.
All draws and results for school tournaments can be found here.
Alternatively, you can download the GameDay app, and follow these steps:
- Click on the Tshirt at the bottom of the page
- Search ‘BBNZ’ under ‘Leagues’
- Click on BBNZ Schools
- You can then find the tournament that you are wanting to follow
Health & Safety Documents
BBNZ Health and Safety Plan
2023 3×3 NZ Secondary School Champs – BBNZ Health And Safety Form
Pulman Arena Emergency Procedure Plans
Risk Assessment Procedure
Hazard Management Procedure
Arena Emergency Exits Ground Floor
Arena Emergency Exits First Floor
Arena Lock Down Procedures
- It is compulsory for all players participating in all age grade (under 19’s and younger) competitions, leagues and tournaments run by BBNZ and its members to wear a protective mouthguard when they are on court and the game is in play
- The No Mouthguard, No Play Policy is to be firmly enforced
- Players are not permitted to share mouthguards
- Mouthguards of any colour may be worn (except in FIBA events where they must be non-coloured/transparent)
Please click here to view the BBNZ Mouthguard Policy.
How to play 3×3
- Watch the easy how to play 3X3 here:
- FIBA official rules:
The Molten B33T5000 3×3 FIBA Ball is used for all 3×3 competitions.
A 3×3 ball is the same size as a size 6, but has the weight of a size 7.
A reminder that if orders are received before the end of February, associations will received an additional 20% off all association pricing for selected Molten products!
Visit the BBNZ Shop to purchase basketballs for your school.
Final Team Placings 2021
2021 Senior Final Placings
2021 Junior Final Placings
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (04) 498 5950