On this page, you will find all the latest vacancies at Basketball New Zealand, as well as jobs across the entire basketball sector, from grassroots to high performance.
- How to Submit a Vacancy
This vacancy listing service is provided free by Basketball New Zealand for the basketball sector in New Zealand. Email the following information (preferably in Microsoft Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- job title, and organisation name
- job reference number (if applicable)
- description of the job and your requirements (no more than 300 words)
- closing date (essential)
- your website address (if applicable)
- your contact email, telephone number and/or postal address
- instructions on how an applicant should apply and where to send or email their application
- a job description if possible (this can be in PDF format)
- VACANCY: High Performance Programmes Manager | Basketball New Zealand
A rare and exciting opportunity to step into the sport industry has arisen at Basketball New Zealand.
This is an exciting time for basketball. Basketball is New Zealand’s fastest growing major sport. Our national teams are playing more frequently than ever before and our recent inclusion in the FIBA Asia Zone sees Basketball New Zealand with more international presence than ever before. The local leagues, competitions and tournaments are getting bigger each year. Participation numbers are through the roof and more sponsors are looking to basketball to help their cause.
To help with this growth, Basketball New Zealand is seeking a High Performance Programmes Manager.
The position will be Wellington based.
This position is being funded through High Performance Sport New Zealand’s Women in High Performance Sport Residency Fund.
Women in High Performance Sport Residency Fund
High Performance Sport New Zealand’s Women in High Performance Sport Residency Fund is designed to accelerate highly capable and talented women into high performance leadership and coaching positions.
The Residency Fund will establish a diverse cohort of talented, capable, future female leaders and high performance coaches through offering 18 month, fixed term employment opportunities within national sporting organisations (NSOs) high performance programmes through a competitive funding and recruitment process.
The Resident will also have access to additional professional development support through High Performance Sport New Zealand’s Women in High Performance Sport pilot project. This includes participating in a high performance sport focused women leadership residency programme, mentoring and networking opportunities, and a $10,000 professional development budget to support the delivery of their approved Professional Development Plan.
Position and Role Summary
Reporting to the General Manager High Performance, you will support Basketball New Zealand’s High Performance system including the management of the high performance program for Olympic and World Championships teams.
This is a newly established position is and is critical to the success of a well functioning and sustainable high performance program.
Your primary focus, however, is for operational support and management of Basketball New Zealand’s High Performance program and leadership across the national high performance system.
You will be responsible for supporting Basketball New Zealand’s National High Performance Plan, delivering performance targets as well as developing strategies to ensure the sustained success of our teams at the elite level.
In order to be eligible for a Resident position, applicants must satisfy the below criteria:
- identify as a woman
- be New Zealand citizen or have been granted permanent resident status; and
- be able to commit to the initiative for the full 18-month programme
- demonstrable experience in high performance
- successfully delivered a high performance team campaign that ensure maximum potential attainment
- proven business acumen and demonstrable management skills including planning, budgeting, and logistics
- exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with key stakeholders and a commitment to open & honest communication
- highly motivated and ability to engage and motivate others to achieve outcomes
- be able to work collaboratively within a small, dynamic team
- have strong attention to detail and an outstanding work ethic
- strong sense of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- ability to manage across multiple projects within tight time-frames
If you want to be part of basketball leadership in New Zealand, we want to hear from you.
To apply send your CV and a cover letter on why you are a great fit for this role. Applications close Friday 6th December 2019. Applications and further enquiries can be emailed to email@example.com.
- VACANCY: Board Member Vacancies | Basketball Taranaki Inc
Basketball Taranaki is the regional body for basketball in Taranaki. Our organisation is passionate about bringing together young basketballers to provide them with the skills and opportunities to progress in the sport. Basketball Taranaki works with its member associations to develop, promote and foster basketball across the Taranaki region.
Applications are invited for three appointed positions on the Board. Board Members are volunteer positions, responsible for setting the strategic direction of basketball in Taranaki, budgets and finance, meeting obligations and monitoring progress against strategic and annual plans.
A board appointment panel will assess candidates against a range of criteria including (a full role description can be found here):
- Understanding of governance functions and principles
- Knowledge of and/or interest in basketball
- Experience with a sport and/or be familiar with the operation of sport in the Taranaki Region
- Skills in any of the following areas: Legal, Marketing/Communications, HR/Employment, Financial Management, Health & Safety or Strategic Planning
If you believe you have the necessary skills/attributes to be part of the board please;
- complete the application form provided and;
- send a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Send all information or enquiries to Marina Healey on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday 11th December at 12pm.