Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ) and Court Kings have partnered up to give one deserving South Auckland school a new set of Goalrilla basketball hoops as part of BBNZ’s Hoops in Schools programme.
Schools within the South Auckland clusters detailed below had an opportunity to nominate themselves for the giveaway by providing a short video recording explaining why they deserve the two new hoops! Entries closed on Wednesday 10th May, with a judging panel consisting of representatives from BBNZ, Court Kings as well as programme ambassador Tom Abercrombie meeting to whittle down the entries to a final shortlist of 6 schools.
It’ll be the public that will have the final say as to where the two hoops land, however. A public vote will open on Monday May 15th from 10am, with the six shortlisted videos available to view below.
Congratulations to Kauri Flats School, the winner of the inaugural Hoops in Schools x Court Kings giveaway.
Entry Process and Key Dates
Schools will be required to upload a short 30-59 second video recording, saying why their school deserves new hoops.
- Tuesday 2 May: Entries open
- Wednesday 10 May: Entries close (6pm)
- Monday 15 May: 10 shortlisted videos will be posted and a voting link shared
- Tuesday 23 May: Voting closes
- Thursday 25 May: Winner announced (12pm)
- Official Launch Event: To be confirmed with the winning school
Entry Eligibility and Criteria
For the first Hoops in Schools x Court Kings Giveaway, schools must be situated within one of the following South Auckland school clusters in order to be eligible. For more information on school clusters, please click here.
- Otahuhu / Mangere
- Papatoetoe / Otara
- Howick / Pakuranga / Flat Bush
- Manurewa / Weymouth
- Papakura / Pukekohe / Waiuku
The judging panel will also consider the following details to help determine those schools most in need:
- Schools that do not have existing basketball backboards, or backboards in need of repair.
- Do not have any basketball programmes being delivered within the school.
- Tamariki and/or rangatahi impact.
- The popularity of basketball within the school currently.
- Community access to basketball hoops outside of school hours.
- Suitable outdoor space and surface to install two basketball hoops.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the giveaway can be found here.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.