If you want to be the face, and day-to-day leader, of the CBA – they are now looking!
The Canterbury Basketball Association (CBA) has oversight of basketball in the region and is one of NZ’s leading associations. The sport is growing rapidly and has many opportunities in front of them to capitalise on.
Their mission is “Encouraging people of all ages to participate as players, coaches, referees, administrators, high performers, supporters or fans”. Kairangi (Excellence), Whakaute (Respect), Ngākau Pono (Integrity) and Kotahitanga (Collaboration) are their core values and underpin everything they do.
They are looking for a General Manager who is passionate about basketball and has the right blend of skill, leadership ability, and experience, to lead their organisation forward as they move to the next level of growth in all areas their operations.
This role is full-time with a salary level in the $90K range and negotiable above that depending on the qualification level and experience of the successful applicant. A car is included in the package. You will report to the CBA Board.
The CBA runs the best club basketball competition in the country and this is growing. They have a very competitive high school competition for both girls and boys (the Whelan and Thomson Trophies). Their representative programme teams compete in BBNZ’s National Championships in all age groups. They own the Alloyfold Canterbury Wildcats who have won two of the last four national championships. There is a lot going on!
The CBA is financially sound, posting year on year surpluses over the past five financial years and is meeting budgets.
- You will have values that align with those of CBA and a background working with, and bringing the best out of a small team.
- You will be an excellent communicator, have empathy and can relate to and work with the diverse range of people involved with our sport.
- You will work in close partnership with key stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of the CBA Strategic Plan 2019-22 as well as oversight of staff and volunteers delivering our game to the Canterbury community.
- You will have an established network within Canterbury and experience working with a National body.
- You will be the face of Basketball in Canterbury and will work in close partnership with the Federations, Franchises, Sport Canterbury RST, BBNZ, Funders and Sponsors to ensure effective delivery of the CBA Strategic Plan.
- You will ensure CBA is accommodating our large player numbers, and will lead the growth of the CBA as an organisation to reflect the high demand for basketball in our region
- You will ensure that key outcomes are delivered in line with the priorities of the Board.
- You will lead, manage, develop and nurture the staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a senior community sports or NFP management role, including strategic planning and business development.
- Proficient financial literacy.
- A good understanding of digital media and communications platforms.
- Experience in regulatory compliance and risk management.
- A good understanding of the RST/Community funding network.
- Experience in achieving outcomes through influencing the way resources are utilised as well as in managing them directly.
- Interpersonal skills and people management experience.
- Experience and evidence of an ability to create a culture of innovation, collaboration, performance, diversity and transparency; and to build effective teams to these ends.
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you!
(Please send your CV with a cover letter when you apply.)
Send your CV along with a cover letter by clicking here