Basketball New Zealand is now accepting applications for the Head Coaching roles of the Under 17 Boys and Girls National Teams.
The term of appointment for both teams is the next FIBA cycle, which is from 1 July 2021 through 1 September 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The preparation, development and implementation of a program for the team in line with Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ) preferred style of play.
- Establishment and management of the objectives of the program in consultation with the BBNZ Head of High Performance.
- Selection of the athletes for the program in line with BBNZ’s selection policy and player eligibility guidelines.
- Develop and prepare competition and training schedules for the program.
- Management of the support staff involved in the program, in consultation with the BBNZ Head of High Performance.
- Identify appropriate sports science and performance requirements to ensure that the program continues to be world’s best.
- Maintain high levels of communication with all areas of the BBNZ High Performance program in particular with the High-Performance department.
- Have a sound understanding of BBNZ’s style of play.
- Prepare and present reports on the program as required.
- Liaise, where appropriate, with the club coaches and other officials of the teams of the athletes selected for the program.
- Representing the team with media and sponsorship requests when required.
- Responsive to e-mails and phone calls from the National body.
In general, the head coach will be directly responsible to report team performance outcomes to the Head of High Performance. The Head Coach will collaborate with other High-Performance staff regarding the team’s approved program.
The head coach will also be required to attend tournaments and camps as a representative of the U17 Men’s National team program subject to availability.
Key performance indicators
- Preparation and implement the New Zealand U17 National Team program for the period stated.
- Apply a proactive approach to recruitment of athletes who meet the selection criteria.
- Engagement with All Stake Holders within the sport in New Zealand and Internationally, including, but not limited to: BBNZ, Associations, Representative Program Partners and Coaches.
- Demonstrate a real commitment to the Sport New Zealand Balance is Better philosophy.
- Top 4 Placing in the FIBA Asian Championships.
- Athlete and coach engagement with the BBNZ Performance App.
- Communication and monitoring with coaches and identified athletes.
- Top 4 Placing at the 2024 FIBA U17 World Championships.
- Athletes to demonstrate progression/adaptation to the demands of international basketball (competition factors, travel, food, cultural differences) over the course of the campaign.
- Lead the National team selection in consultation with the Basketball New Zealand Head of High Performance.
- Attend and Participate in the National selection Camps.
- Attend the National Age Group Tournaments.
Expressions of interest (maximum of three pages) for both positions should be submitted by Friday 21 May 2021 to Saileen Raj; email@example.com.