Basketball Taranaki is the regional body for basketball in Taranaki. Our organisation is passionate about bringing together young basketballers to provide them with the skills and opportunities to progress in the sport. Basketball Taranaki works with its member associations to develop, promote and foster basketball across the Taranaki region.
Applications are invited for three appointed positions on the Board. Board Members are volunteer positions, responsible for setting the strategic direction of basketball in Taranaki, budgets and finance, meeting obligations and monitoring progress against strategic and annual plans.
A board appointment panel will assess candidates against a range of criteria including (a full role description can be found here):
- Understanding of governance functions and principles
- Knowledge of and/or interest in basketball
- Experience with a sport and/or be familiar with the operation of sport in the Taranaki Region
- Skills in any of the following areas: Legal, Marketing/Communications, HR/Employment, Financial Management, Health & Safety or Strategic Planning
If you believe you have the necessary skills/attributes to be part of the board please;
- complete the application form provided and;
- send a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Send all information or enquiries to Marina Healey on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Wednesday 11th December at 12pm.